Adding a baby stroller to your registry? We researched the best strollers, ranging from budget-friendly to high end, umbrella strollers to travel systems, joggers to double strollers—plus one city stroller with style.
Once you get settled with your new baby, you’ll want a stroller. One of the main pieces of baby gear you’ll buy, a stroller represents a form of freedom, letting you walk, run, take care of errands, hang out in the park, even enjoy a restaurant meal with baby comfortably (and safely!) along for the ride.
There are several types of strollers to choose from: umbrella strollers, travel systems, jogging or all-terrain strollers, and double strollers, to start.
Baby's safety is, of course, of utmost concern when choosing any baby product. In the United States, safety standards for strollers are set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and all strollers currently being manufactured are required to meet the baby safety requirements. (To find out more about a stroller you’re considering, it’s always a good idea to check the specific product safety information.)
From there, it’s about your lifestyle and how you want a stroller to fit into it.
Many features are now pretty much standard in new strollers, including:
- An adjustable-height handlebar that lets each caregiver get a comfortable fit
- A “stand up” fold, meaning when the stroller’s folded, it stands upright and no part that touches baby touches the ground
- An under-seat storage compartment
- A peekaboo window that lets mom or dad get a look at baby without disturbing
How to Choose the Best Baby Stroller
So how to choose? Some things to think about:
- What’s your terrain? Will you be running or hiking, or are city strolls more your style?
- At what baby age will you want to start using a stroller?
- What “extras” are particularly important to you?
- How important is style?
- How many kids will you be strolling with?
- And of course, your budget
A baby stroller can be expensive (though doesn’t have to be), but it’s also going to get a lot of use, so it’s worth carefully considering what makes sense for your family.
To help you think it through, we combed baby registries on MyRegistry.com and added our own research to find some of the top strollers on the market right now. Here, our top picks and what makes each one worth considering. (You can add a stroller and any other gifts you like to a universal baby registry right here on MyRegistry.)
The high-end Joolz Day3 is the perfect blend of style and function for city strolling, and with the bassinet and seat both included, Day3 will grow right along with your baby-to-child. The bassinet itself is ventilated, while the mattress is breathable and the head cushion offers extra support. The seat for bigger babies can be positioned either parent- or world-facing, and the adjustable three-position footrest grows with baby. When adjusted to table height, the seat doubles as a highchair for meals out with mom and dad.
- Car seat compatible to become a convenient travel system
- Optional accessories include: cup holder, summer seat, rain cover, and car seat adapters
- Joolz is shipped in reusable packaging, which the company encourages customers to upcycle
- Bassinet and seat suitable for birth to 50 pounds
Stokke Xplory 6
The Xplory 6 is from Stokke, considered to be the Rolls Royce of stroller brands. A desirable feature is the height-adjustable seat, which lets parents bring baby closer while strolling and place baby at table height in a restaurant. Xplory is also highly maneuverable, with a narrow profile, lockable swivel front wheels, one-handed steering, and a one-push brake system. The seat can face forward or back, and it has a hard shell for extra protection, plus three recline angles, ranging from sleeping to active.
- Suitable for babies from 6 months old, with staged removable cushioning that adapts as they grow
- Extended canopy has ventilation and a cocoon-like feel for both protection and comfort
- “Origami”-style shopping bag is expandable and detachable for errands
- Compatible with Stokke car seats and the Xplory Carry Cot (both not included) for a complete travel system
Lightweight & Umbrella Strollers
The Inglesina Net is a super practical travel stroller at a great price for parents who keep on the go but don’t want to sacrifice style. Travel-friendly features include an easy open/close, a light weight (just 11 pounds) and shoulder strap for portability, and a breathable mesh seat that allows air to circulate during warm-weather travels.
- Recline is limited to 2 positions
- Available in several colors, from basic black to fun fuschia and lime green
- Easy-clean seat pad that’s removable and washable
- Suitable for babies/kids from 3 months to 55 pounds
Maxi-Cosi Tayla Modular
The Maxi-Cosi Tayla Modular offers a solid balance of versatility and comfort in a mid-priced stroller. With Tayla’s modular seat, baby can face mom and dad or look out to the world, while the seat reclines in both directions and has an adjustable leg rest to encourage napping. Also helpful at naptime: all-wheel suspension that makes for a smoother ride, along with optimal maneuverability.
- Contrasting leather-look handlebar and belly bar
- 360-degree privacy shade covers entire seat and zips away when not in use
- Seat cushion is reversible, with breathable mesh for warmer days and cozy knit for cooler
- Storage basket holds up to 25 pounds
The Britax B-Lively is one of the best affordable strollers for everyday cruising. Practical features include storage that can be accessed from both the front and back, a zipper pocket on the back, and a mesh canopy that provides ventilation. For safety, a parking brake locks both rear wheels with a single step, and the one-hand fold makes it easy to collapse and pop in the car.
- Infinite recline lets parents choose the angle for napping or sightseeing
- Comes with adapters for compatibility with Britax infant car seat
- 5-point harness that adjusts as baby grows
- Suitable for newborns up to 55 pounds
The Uppababy G-LUXE is a price-friendly, agile umbrella stroller, with an exposed aluminum frame and three muted color options that keep it stylish. When traveling around town or on vacation, parents will appreciate the one-handed reclining seat, one-step brake, and hand-level fold triggers that let them collapse the G-LUXE with their fingers. For baby’s comfort, there’s an extendable sunshade with 50+ UPF and all-wheel suspension that gives a smooth ride.
- Seat fabric is removable for spot cleaning
- Adjustable footrest
- 16 pound weight, with a carry strap that makes it easily portable
- Suitable for babies/kids from 3 months to 55 pounds
Summer Infant 3Dlite+
The Summer Infant 3Dlite+ is budget-minded, durable, lightweight, and folds down to be truly compact, with a carry strap—all features that make it a great choice for keeping in the car as an extra, or taking along while traveling.
- Oversized canopy
- One-hand, multi-position recline seat with 5-point safety harness
- Lockable rear wheels
- Storage basket, plus a parent cup holder, cell phone holder, and zippered storage pocket
Britax B-Free & Endeavours
The Britax B-Free & Endeavours travel system combines the B-Free stroller with the Endeavours infant car seat, covering the family for all travel needs. The stroller is designed for maneuverability, with three wheels and all-terrain rubber tires. Plus, a one-hand fold and a handlebar that rotates so parents can find just the right angle for a comfortable grip.
- Car seat base included
- 7 pockets plus a storage basket that’s accessible from the front by flipping up the calf rest
- Expandable canopy with SPF protection
- Suitable for babies/kids up to 65 pounds
Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular
The Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 combines the Zelia stroller and Mico 30 infant car seat, along with a stay-in-car base. The versatile stroller accommodates five modes: a carriage and a reclining stroller seat, each in either parent- or forward-facing position, and the car seat, which easily transfers from car to stroller.
- Expanding stroller canopy and flip-out visor
- Cushions in stroller and car seat give smaller babies a snug fit and remove easily when no longer needed
- Car seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe
- Car seat handle is contoured for a comfortable carry
Evenflo Pivot Modular
The Evenflo Pivot Modular travel system with SafeMax infant car seat is a versatile, well-priced three-in-one option that grows with baby. For infants, there’s the car seat and the carriage mode, and for older babies, there’s the stroller seat. Each mode can be used either front- or parent-facing.
- Cruiser tires and an ergonomic handle make for an easy push
- Removable arm bar eases baby transfer
- Stay-in-car base allows for a quick, safe connection from car to stroller
- Car seat features Evenflo’s SafeZone Base with anti-rebound bar
Joggers & All-Terrain Strollers
BOB Gear Alterrain Pro
The BOB Gear Alterrain Pro is a serious jogging stroller, made for parents who want to take on any terrain with their little one in tow. It also has rugged style, with an exposed aluminum frame and reflective tire rims. Performance features include pneumatic tires designed for a smooth ride, a swivel-locking front wheel, an ergonomic handbrake for downhill control, a parking brake, a padded handlebar with a wrist strap, and an easy one-hand fold. For baby’s comfort, the seat goes from fully upright to near-flat recline, the seat back and canopy are ventilated, and the all-weather canopy is waterproof.
- Canopy window includes magnetic closure
- 5 storage pockets include a handlebar cell phone holder
- Cargo basket zips shut to keep belongings secure
- Suitable for babies from 8 weeks for walking only, and from 8 months for jogging/off-road
Graco Modes Jogger 2.0
The Graco Modes Jogger 2.0 is a more budget-friendly option with the features parents want in a jogging stroller: air-filled rubber tires, a safety tether, safety reflectors, and a large UV50 canopy, plus it’s highly maneuverable for easy-on-parent jogs and strolls. The seat is reversible, so little babies can face toward parents, and bigger babies can face out to see the world. Also practical: A one-hand fold makes it easy to collapse and pack in the car, and there’s lots of storage, including a parent tray with phone storage and cup holders.
- Adjustable calf support keeps babies comfortable as they grow
- Convertible 3- or 5-point harness also grows with child
- Suitable for babies/kids up to 50 pounds
- Compatible with Graco infant car seats to create a travel system
Baby Trend Expedition
The Baby Trend Expedition is another well-priced jogging stroller that’s also a travel system, for active parents who want all the options. The system includes a 3-Wheel Jogger and EZ Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat with base. Stroller features that make it practical as a jogger include: all-terrain bike tires, a lockable front swivel wheel, an ergonomic foam-padded handle, a tether strap, and reflectors on the footrest.
- Trigger fold is an advantage when traveling
- Stroller tires have a quick-release mechanism for even more compact storage
- Car seat features include: LATCH equipped base, 5-point safety harness, height-adjustable base, and one-hand seat release
- Stroller suitable for birth to 50 pounds or 42 inches; car seat suitable for 4 to 30 pounds and up to 30 inches (insert required for 4 pound babies)
Thule Urban Glide 2
The Thule Urban Glide 2 is a double stroller for all-terrain use. It’s sleek and lightweight, so it works equally well on city streets and rugged paths, with a suspension system that gives a smooth ride on either. Parent-friendly features include a twist hand brake for speed control and peace of mind on hilly terrain and jogs. The Urban Glide gets its maneuverability from its 16-inch rear wheels and a swivel front wheel that locks into place for jogging. For little passengers, the seat has a padded 5-point harness and reclines (with one hand) for naps or laid-back strolls, and a multi-position canopy with ventilation windows ensures air flow.
- One-handed fold for easy storage
- Reflective rims on wheels and a reflective edge on canopy
- Storage includes a cargo basket with zip top, rear mesh pocket, and two mesh compartments
- Can be used from birth with Thule bassinet or infant car seat adapter (both sold separately)
Chicco Cortina Together
The Chicco Cortina Together accommodates two babies/toddlers/kids in stroller seats, two smaller babies (such as twins) in car seats, or one of each. The two stroller seats each have their own canopies, and both recline, with a full recline and cozy enclosure in the rear seat. The front seat has a padded arm bar.
- One-hand folding mechanism
- Toe-tap rear brakes
- Designed for two children up to 40 pounds each
- The Cortina Together is compatible with any Chicco car seat, no adapter needed—just note that car seats are sold separately, not included with the stroller
Nuna Demi Grow
The deluxe Nuna Demi Grow is designed to expand with the family—by converting to a double stroller with the addition of a sibling seat (an add-on, not included with the stroller). As a stroller, the Demi Grow has several details that make it unique, including a “leatherette” pushbar, a rotating and removable arm bar, a self-guiding magnetic buckle that auto-locks into place, and hub caps to protect the all-terrain tires from dirt and debris.
- Standing fold includes a fold lock
- One-touch, rear-wheel braking system and lockable front swivel wheels
- Pairs with all Nuna PIPA infant car seats to become a travel system
- Suitable for babies from birth to 50 pounds
Find Something You Like?
You can add any of these items to your MyRegistry.com Baby Registry. Don’t have one yet? It’s easy! Create a Universal Baby Registry today, then add baby gifts from all your favorite stores.
Already Have a Baby Registry - or Several?
Existing gift registries with every major gift retailer can be synced to display on your MyRegistry baby registry. When you combine store registries, you receive the benefits of a universal registry while retaining the perks of a registry with stores like Target, Amazon, buybuy Baby, Pottery Barn Kids, and Crate & Barrel Kids, including completion discounts, complimentary goody bags or welcome boxes, free shipping on registry purchases, and private registry events.
Looking for More Baby Registry Ideas?
Find suggestions for baby gifts and baby registry essentials on our Baby Registry Inspiration Boards.
We are a Universal Gift Registry website where people can create a registry and add gifts from any store in the world. If you buy any of the products listed here, we may be compensated. Thanks for reading—we love you!