Sponsored by Solly Baby
What's the one baby accessory specially designed to promote bonding and give mom or dad easy hands-free time while baby is safe and snug?
Babywearing is the easiest, coziest way to keep your baby close—and keeping baby close is keeping baby safe.
So what is it about babywearing that makes so much sense? Baby wraps are specially designed to promote bonding and bring parents closer to their little one—both physically and emotionally—while giving mom or dad the freedom and comfort to take care of, well, everything else in their busy lives.
Our friends at Solly Baby have a motto for baby wrap safety and comfort: Happy Baby, Free Hands, Full Heart. We say: What’s not to like about that?
- A Happy Baby feels secure and is close enough to kiss and be soothed by the soundtrack of their parent’s heart.
- Your Free Hands are available to fold laundry, send emails, care for older siblings, and anything else you need to get done.
- A Full Heart lets you savor the little moments and do big things, all while taking care of baby and yourself.
We’re confident that parents can learn to wrap baby in just a few minutes, then comfortably wear baby for hours.
The T.I.C.K.S. Rule for Safe Babywearing
When you're wearing your wrap, don't forget the T.I.C.K.S. for baby wrap safety.
- Tight: Your wrap should be tight enough to hug your baby close to you, as this will be most comfortable for you both. Any slack/loose fabric will allow your baby to slump down in the wrap, which can hinder their breathing and pull on your back.
- In view at all times: You should always be able to see your baby’s face by simply glancing down. The fabric of the wrap should not close around them so you have to open it to check on them. In a cradle position your baby should face upward, not be turned in toward your body.
- Close enough to kiss: Your baby’s head should be as close to your chin as is comfortable. By tipping your head forward you should be able to kiss your baby on the head or forehead.
- Keep chin off the chest: A baby should never be curled so their chin is forced onto their chest, as this can restrict their breathing. Ensure there is always a space of at least a finger width under your baby’s chin.
- Supported back: In an upright carry, a baby should be held comfortably close to the wearer so their back is supported in its natural position and their tummy and chest are against you. If wrap is too loose they can slump, which can partially close their airway.
Reasons to Love Solly Baby
- Solly wraps have a comfortable custom fit every time. They’re one size and one piece of fabric, sans buckles or rings, which allows the user to tie the wrap wherever is most comfortable for them and baby.
- Weighing about a pound, Solly wraps are incredibly lightweight. Made of buttery-soft, sustainably sourced, 100 percent-certified Lenzing modal, Solly wraps are cozy and soft for both parent and baby.
- Babywearing is proven to reduce infant crying by up to 43 percent.
- Solly Baby wraps are hip healthy-certified carriers.
Watch and Learn: Solly Video Tutorials for Baby Wrap Safety
Solly has created a series of videos about babywearing for new moms and dads.
Some of Our Favorite Solly Baby Wraps
Charcoal Swiss Dot | Solly Baby
Creamy Gingham | Solly Baby
Blush Swiss Dot | Solly Baby
Heather Grey | Solly Baby
Black Pinstripe | Solly Baby
Leopard | Solly Baby
Other Baby Wraps We Love
Snuggle Baby Carrier | Baby K'tan
Evolution Wrap | Project Nursery
Boba Wrap | Amazon
Studio Romeo Baby Carrier | Scandiborn
Aura Baby Wrap | Ergobaby
Moby Ring Sling | Project Nursery
Find Something You Like?
You can add any of these items to your MyRegistry.com Baby Registry. Don’t have one yet? It’s easy! Create a Universal Baby Registry today, then add baby gifts from all your favorite stores.
Looking for More Baby Registry Ideas?
See more on our Baby Registry Inspiration Boards.
We are a Universal Gift Registry website where people can create a registry and add gifts from any store in the world. If you buy any of the products listed here, we may be compensated. Thanks for reading—we love you!